• Odessa is beautiful city of the Ukraine, situated at the Black Sea coast.
• It is a very important port and one of the most beautiful cities in the Republic of Ukraine and all of Europe.
• Odessa itself is full of historical, architectural, cultural and scientific interest, proud of its past and its traditions.
• Odessa is the largest city along the entire Black Sea, the 5th largest city in Ukraine and arguably the most important city of trade.
• Many years ago, Odessa was once the 3rd leading city in old Russia, after Moscow and St. Petersburg.
• Odessa looks more like a city located on the Mediterranean,
• Odessa has always had a spirit of freedom, probably gifted to her by her location and by her ability to accept many different people.
• Odessa is one of the major ports and an important centre of industry, science and culture
• Her mild climate, warm waters and sunlit beaches attract thousands of tourists year around. Its shady streets, gorgeous buildings and pleasant squares give the city a certain manner of closeness and understanding.
• Today Odessa has a total population of about 1.1 million people
• Odessa is beautifully situated on green rolling hills, overlooking a small picturesque harbour
• English is the most widely used tourist language.
MBBS IN UKRAINE
• Odessa National Medical University is one of the best medical university in ukraine,
• Established in the year of 1900,
• Government undertaking university, Run by state government.
• university having many medical faculties like general medicine,paediatric,stomatology,gynecology etc
· Odess comes in top 10 medical university in ukraine
• Odessa is recognised my MCI.WHO,UNESCO,
• Morethan 5000 students are studying in the university
• The university has 18 blocks with general area of 20,000 sq.m.,
• 6 hostels (Fully furnished with all essential facilities),
• Huge library with total stock of 1 million books,
• scientific medical computer center, Students Polyclinic providing medical aid to students free of cost,
• 3 Museums (Historical Museum, Anatomic Museum & The Museum of Pathological Anatomy),
• Sport complex with indoor & outdoor sports facilities, Students' Club/Cultural and Scientific Societies,
• Since 1996, Odessa State Medical University is in continuous co-operation with European and International Association of universities, as an active member.
• In 2001, it was admitted as a member of International Scientific Committee of UNESCO
• Odessa State Medical University is one of the largest higher medical universities, a member of European and International Association of Universities, the leader of reformation of medical education in the country. Odessa State Medical University is an higher education institution of the IV (the top level) accreditation level conferred by the State Accreditation Committee of Ukraine.
• The University trains specialists of the following qualification levels: Junior Specialist, Specialist, Master (Foreign students included) for the following specialties:
2. Stomatological (Dental)
5. Post graduate
6. The University comprises 56 departments, a medical college, preparatory faculty and post-graduation faculty.
• The University enrolls around 4000 students, including 1200 foreign students from 52 countries of the world. The training of students is given in Russian, English & French.
• OSMU is the only university of Ukraine & other CIS countries which provides complete education in English medium and has already produced 7 batches of complete English medium.
• Foreign students have been studying since 1946. Over 6000 students from Europe, Asia, Africa, America have got education from this university and are working successfully as doctors in 87 countries of the world.
• 240 have done specialization and 109 super specialization from OSMU.
• The studies are carried out by 800 teachers, 18 academicians, 105 professors and doctors of Medical Science, 407 doctors and candidates of medical science.
• During the course students master all modern medical technologies which are available today in the world
• The university has 18 blocks with general area of 20,000 sq.m., 6 hostels (Fully furnished with all essential facilities), a library with total stock of 1 million books, publishing-printing complex, scientific medical computer center, Students Polyclinic providing medical aid to students free of cost,3 Museums (Historical Museum, Anatomic Museum & The Museum of Pathological Anatomy), sport complex with indoor & outdoor sports facilities, Students' Club/Cultural and Scientific Societies modern recreation centers on the coast of Black Sea where up to 500 students can rest at a time.
• These clinical centers, which include well equipped 35 hospitals, have all conditions & facilities for practice & training for its doctors and students.
• The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine provides and guarantees the quality of education of international students studying in Ukraine.
• International students obtain state-registered degree at Higher Educational Establishments which are officially licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
• In such manner various universities, academies and institutes are not only accredited, but also licensed to organize higher education for international students.
• International students wishing to study in English medium may get admissions at once to the first course through coordinating companies, which also must be licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science.
• Those applicants who decide to study in Russian medium must start with the language course (foundation year).
• The language course primarily contains Russian language classes and disciplines related to the future specialty.
• ONMU is recognized by the World Health Organization (W.H.O), U.S. Education Department, General Council of Medicine and Medical Council of India.
• After obtaining Degree of ONMU, the students are eligible for applying in United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and The Professional Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) of the United Kingdom (UK).
Medium Of Study:
• Medium is in English medium only.
• There are 2 Semesters in the academic year:
• Autumn Semester — From September to January ,
• Spring Semester — From February to June.
• For 6 years of training 13,474 hours out of them:
• Humanitarian subjects — 1,576 hours
• Social-economic subjects — 432 hours
• Fundamental /general scientific/ subjects — 2,180 hours
• Professionally oriented subjects — 6,098 hours
• Elective courses — 324 hours
• Practical training — 972 hours
• Subinternship /in the 6-th year — 1,892 hours
• There are examinations at the end of both semesters.
• The dates of examinations (Session Period) are determined by the Rector, but the examination dates for individual disciplines within the session period are decided by students and faculty members by mutual agreement.
• Student’s performance during the Examinations is Graded as: «Satisfactory»; «Good»; «Excellent» or «Unsatisfactory».
• In order to appear for the exam, a Student must have passed all the Credit-Tests, and must have fulfilled the 100 % attendance
• All students have their vacations twice a year.
• Summer vacations: from July 1 to August 31.
• Winter vacations: from January 15 to February 7.
• Universities provide accommodation to their students. Hostels are equipped with internet service and other allied facilities. Each room has its individual heating system. The rooms are furnished. Generally, three students are allotted a room. These rooms are fully furnished and have attached bathroom with them. The hostels are guarded 24/7 by trained security personnel. There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
• The hostel proffers students with mess system wherein they are fed on food cooked by an Indian cook with Indian spices and contains Indian taste. It includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. And as far as laundry is concerned, it is provided for the students who require, once a week.