- Over 6,000 students study at the University, of which more than 400 are at the Medical College. The annual contingent of the University is about 20,000.
- By the number of international students, the University is one of the leaders among the higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine , which testifies to its high authority in the world market of educational services. Currently, 1137 foreign citizens from 47 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa and America are trained at the University, of which more than 80 percent are enrolled in English.
- A highly skilled teaching staff focuses on providing high quality education. The University employs 1350 scientific and pedagogical workers, of which 167 are doctors of sciences and 720 candidates of sciences, including 134 professors and 403 assistant professors.
- Among the faculty members of the LNMU are 4 academicians and correspondent members of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 21 academicians and corresponding member of public academies, 7 laureates of the State Prize of Ukraine in science and technology, 11 Honored Scientists and Technique, 5 Honored Workers of Education, 1 Honored Worker of Physical Culture and Sports, 20 Honored Doctors of Ukraine.
- In terms of performance, our University holds leading positions in the ratings of higher education institutions in Ukraine. In 2017, the Lviv National Medical University named after Danylo Halytskyi took 1st place in TOP-10 of the best medical educational institutions of Ukraine according to the consolidated rating of higher educational institutions of Ukraine of the information resource "Osvita.ua". In 2016, according to the international rating Webometrix, which analyzes the figures of about 22 thousand universities from all over the world, LNMU named after Danylo Halytskyi took the first place among domestic medical universities and the 16th place among all universities of Ukraine.
- According to the results of the international rating Webometrics , the National Consolidated Ukrainian Higher Ranking 2016, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine; The sectoral rating of the higher educational institutions of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the SciVerse Scopus science and technology database LNMU named after Danylo Halytskyy, as in previous years, occupies leading positions among the higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine.
- According to the information system "Competition", the Lviv National Medical University named after Danylo Halytsky headed the TOP-5 best medical universities with a passing ball on the specialty "Medicine" with a margin of 4.5 points .
- Annually, the University receives awards at prestigious international and public educational exhibitions and forums.Thus, at the Seventh International Exhibition "Modern Education Institutions - 2016" the Danish Galician National University of Medicine was awarded the Grand Prix "Leader of International Activities"; Gold medal in the nomination "Using the complex of modern means of ICT, programs and decisions for improving the quality of education"; Certificate of quality of scientific publications (based on a high rating in the scientifically based database of SciVerse Scopus); Diploma for presentation of achievements and implementation of pedagogical innovations in the national educational space and other awards.
- At the Eighth International Forum "Innovation in Contemporary Education-2016", Danil Galitsky LNMU became the winner of the I Degree Contest and was awarded the Diploma in the nomination "Innovations for the intensification of international cooperation in the field of education, science and culture", as well as the Diploma "For active participation in innovative educational activity ". Within the framework of the Forum during the National Exhibition Contest "Outstanding Scientific and Practical Achievements in Education" in the nomination "Electronic Educational Resource" the University was awarded the Diploma for the Electronic Educational Resource "D362 State Formulary of Medicines".
- Academic scholarships : scholarships by the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and the Mykola Amosov scholarship are awarded to the best students in studying, scientific and public work .
- The University's newest learning technologies are effectively implemented. The University's Training Simulation Center for the practical training of educational instructors was recently created , for which expensive equipment was purchased; 5 faculty intercultural training and training simulation classes of practical training continue their activity; Phantom classes in chairs work, dummies are updated, museum exhibits are being replenished. To provide educational, scientific, medical and medical activities of the University with modern information technologies, the University departments are equipped with 807 modern computers and 96 multimedia projectors.
- In the nine hostels of the University can accommodate about 3500 people. There are all the conditions for training (there are reading rooms, computer rooms), everyday life (at dormitories there are dining rooms, cafes, workshop for sewing and repairing clothes and shoes, a hairdresser's, laundry) and rest (there are sports rooms). The total area of the University campus is over10 hectares. For everyone there is a student nutrition program.
- The University has created all the conditions for the harmonious development of a young person. Here you will be able not only to acquire knowledge and skills from the chosen specialty, but also to engage in sports, artistic amateur activities , to be constantly at the heart of life.
Lviv National Medical University has it's hostels for international students, Hostels are well equipped with all the basic facilities, students can also opt for private hostels or apartments.
Xpertise Education Consultancy provides best hostels to it's students.