• Bishkek, the capital of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan, with a population of about 1 million, located in the Chui valley at the northern foot of the Kyrgyz Ala-Too on an inclined plain, at an altitude of 700-900 meters above sea level.
• Bishkek - one of the major cities of Central Asia and the largest city in Kyrgyzstan with a population of over 800,000 people, the multinational city with over 80 nationalities. The main language of international communication is Russian.
• The city has many places for recreation. There are several major museums, the most interesting of which is the Historical Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum named after M.V. Frunze. Downtown is flecked with posters Opera and Ballet Theatre, Russian and Kyrgyz Drama theaters, Bishkek City Drama Theatre, State Philharmony named after T. Satylganov.
• Bishkek has a dry summer continental Climate. Average percipitation is around 440 millimetres (17 in) per year. Average daily high temperatures range from 3 °C (37.4 °F) in January to about 31 °C (87.8 °F) during July.
• The summer months are dominated by dry periods, punctuated by the occasional thunderstorm, which produces strong gusty winds and rare dust storms. The mountains to the south provide a natural boundary and protection from much of the damaging weather.
MBBS in International School of Medicine
• The International School Of Medicine was started in the year 2003 by the Kyrgyz Republic with the sole objective of establishing a higher medical education university offering relevant courses for students of Kyrgyzstan as well as from abroad.
• It is an extended branch of International University of Kyrgyzstan which is considered as one of the most reputed university in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
• The International School Of Medicine is the one and only medical college in Kyrgyzstan which has recognition for its 5 years MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan.
• The same is accredited & recognized by major organizations of world like the World Health Organization (WHO), IMED, FAIMER & Medical council of India (MCI).
• Among all the departments functional as the ISM, the major ones are faculty of general medicine, faculty of micro & macro anatomy, faculty of pathology, faculty of surgery, faculty of humanitarian sciences, faculty of obstetrics & gynaecology, faculty of internal medicine, therapy and many more.
• The International School Of Medicine awards the degree of M.D. (Physician) to students who complete their study of 5 years successfully. This degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India. The students need to pass the MCI screening test after completion of MBBS in ISM for practicing in India as a doctor.
• Students who wish to pursue further education after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan may join the post graduate programm in ISM in any specialty they wish to, for eg. paediatrics, gynaecology, surgery, traumatic surgery, therapy, internal diseases, etc.
• Apart from these post graduate courses offered at International School of Medicine, students may also opt for some short-term specializations or diploma courses for enrichment of skills in a specific field.
• This is the main centre for studies in the International School of Medicine (ISM).
• This is also the main campus for International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) where other faculties other than medicine also take place. It also consists of the main library where students can get books issued for studies. It also has many halls with multimedia facilities and auditoriums.
• Training at ISM is conducted according to the European System of Transformation of Credits (ESTC), which enables to move from any course of studies at ISM to European universities."All the ISM programs are approved and Licensed by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic.”
• The library possesses a unique book stock (above six thousand items) including traditional and new information carrying mediums, among them there are books in the line of medicine: therapy, pediatric, oncology, dermatology, gynecology, histology, microbiology, pharmacology, orthopedic, etc.
• At this moment there are registered about 600 students and 80 teachers in the library.
• The leadership of school and its faculty conduct cultural-and-organizational work with students including excursions to museums, sightseeing in Kyrgyzstan, going to theaters and trips to mountains.
• General Medicine (M.B.B.S., 5 years, in English). The program intended for citizens of the British Commonwealth countries is designed in compliance with the British system of medical education.
• Staff of International School of Medicine includes Kyrgyzstan's qualified specialists in general and applied medicine. Most of ISM staff was trained in leading medical centers of Russian Federation and Europe.
• At present the ISM has 133 staff members with 14, 3% of them being doctors of medical sciences and 18% - candidates of medical sciences, 15% - senior instructors, and 52, 7% - instructors.
• Students will gain advanced knowledge and expertise as they use sufficient library resources, satellite technologies, and free access to internet and multimedia capacities.
• Training in clinical disciplines at ISM is conducted at facilities of National Hospital, leading research institutions and Bishkek municipal in-patient settings, which ensure the adequate number of patients for training.
• Structure of ISM consists of one “General Medicine” faculty, which includes nine chairs. Chairs are full filling the needs of Medical students.
• On admission to the ISM, students are offered a room in the hostel or you can rent a flat in a nearby area. The hostel fee is paid according to the ISM approved fees. The mandatory requirement for staying in the hostel is strict maintenance of internal rules of the hostel.
• Separate floor at ISM, IUK Hostel building has been allotted to the female students. A female warden is responsible for the safety of the girl students in the hostel.
• A group of three students are allotted a room. This room is furnished with three beds, three side tables, three chairs, one large sized study table, and a cupboard. Pillows, Bed Sheets, Mattresses, Quilts and Blankets are provided by the hostel in charge. Each room has a large window for easy ventilation. Every room has an automated heating device that runs 24x7 during the winter snow season to maintain optimum temperature in the hostel rooms. Each hostel floor has a set of toilets and bathrooms that have a regular 24x7 cold and hot water supply.
• ISM has a special provision for food and catering to student needs through its mess/canteen.
• The university's hostel has a canteen where Indian cooks work. Students have opportunities to enjoy the traditional Indian cuisine. However currently, the mess operates for Indian and Pakistani students only.
• The Indian ISM mess has a variety of menu that includes chapatti, rice, sweets etc. The ISM Mess serves Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian dishes. Vegetarian dishes include vegetables and pulses while Non Vegetarian dishes include mutton, chicken and fish. Meals are served three times a day. There is a specified discipline in the ISM mess. Correct timings should be maintained by students.