Nanjing, formerly romanized as Nanking and Nankin, is the capital of Jiangsu province of the People's Republic of China and the second largest city in the East China region, with an administrative area of 6,600 km2 (2,500 sq mi) and a total population of 8,270,500 as of 2016. The inner area of Nanjing enclosed by the city wall is Nanjing City, with an area of 55 km2 (21 sq mi), while the Nanjing Metropolitan Region includes surrounding cities and areas, covering over 60,000 km2 (23,000 sq mi), with a population of over 30 million.
- Top 15 of Chinese universities offer English taught MBBS program.
- The subject ranking: Public Health No.3; Dentistry No.6; General Medicine No. 7; Nursing No. 8; Clinical Medicine No. 18.
- It is among the first batch of universities that approved by MOE China to offer English taught MBBS program.
- If the student does internship out of China, the student only needs to pay the examination fee of USD 500.
- It ranks 56th among the 100 top Chinese universities.
- The university library is the central medical library in Jiangsu Province and the medical literature center of the university literature service system.
- Located in the historical city of Nanjing, the capital of China before 1949 and is 300 km away from Shanghai.