Changsha is the capital and most populous city of Hunan province in the south central part of the People's Republic of China. It covers 11,819 km2 (4,563 sq mi) and is bordered by Yueyang and Yiyang to the north, Loudi to the west, Xiangtan and Zhuzhou to the south, Yichun and Pingxiang of Jiangxi province to the east. According to 2010 Census, Changsha has 7,044,118 residents, constituting 10.72% of the province's population. It is part of the Chang-Zhu-Tan city cluster or megalopolis.
Changsha is located in the Xiang River valley plain, bordering on Luoxiao Mountains on the east, Wuling Mountains on the west, edging in Dongting Lake on the north and bounded on the south by Hengshan Mountains. It has a monsoonal humid subtropical climate, with an average annual air temperature of 16.8 to 17.3 °C (62.2 to 63.1 °F) and an annual rainfall of 1,358.6 to 1,552.5 mm (53.49 to 61.12 in).
- Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine officially founded in 1960, was developed from Hunan Chinese Medicine Specialization School established in 1934 and Hunan TCM Vocational School established in 1953.
- Now it’s a primarily teaching-oriented college concerning other areas in scientific research , medical service, school-leading industry , etc.
- The University is located in Changsha , the capital of Hunan province, a famous culture city.
- The University consists of 3 parts: the old campus(north campus),the new campus(hanpu campus),and the six affiliated hospitals.
- The university primarily cultivates undergraduates along with postgraduates, overseas students, and also adult students pursuing continuing education.
- The university is the Clinical Skill Examining Base of China for the Overseas Medical Practitioner Qualification.