Shijiazhuang is the capital and largest city of North China's Hebei Province. Administratively a prefecture-level city, it is about 266 kilometres (165 mi) southwest of Beijing, and it administers eight districts, two county-level cities, and 12 counties.
As of 2015 it had a total population of 10,701,600 with 4,303,700 in the central (or metro) area comprising the seven districts and the county of Zhengding largely conurbated with the Shijiazhuang metropolitan area as urbanization continues to proliferate. Shijiazhuang's total population ranked twelfth in mainland China.
Shijiazhuang experienced dramatic growth after the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949. The population of the metropolitan area has more than quadrupled in 30 years as a result of industrialization and infrastructural developments. From 2008 to 2011, Shijiazhuang implemented a three-year plan which concluded with the reorganization of the city resulting in an increase of green areas and new buildings and roads. A train station, airport and a subway system have been opened.
- Established in 1894, it is one of the oldest and best medical universities in China.
- The Clinical Medicine in HMU ranks the 16th among China universities.
- Among the first batch of Chinese universities qualified to teach MBBS in English.
- The university built the first medical journal "Renshen Medicine", edited the first "anatomy of human body system", took the first implementation of finger replantation surgery in China, and firstly discovered the acute motor axonal neuropathy in the world.
- The school has been cultivating a large number of outstanding medical talents, such as Professor Zhangyan who is the anatomical expert and first author of Human Body Systematic Anatomy; Si Kunfan who is the China second international winner of Nightingale; Mr. Lane, the founder of traditional Chinese and western medicine combination.
- Free airport up service for freshman and nice student service after arrival. Free accommodation is provided to the parents for 3 or less than 3 days on temporary visiting.
- Help is given to graduates in participating in the enrollment and coach of China’s National Examination for Qualified Doctors.
- Two times travels will be organized annually among the undergraduates and graduates, with the students only in charge of half of the fees.
- The MBBS program is recognized by WHO, MCI, PMDC, HPCSA, SCHS, Malaysian Medical Council, Nepal Medical Council, Saudi Medical Council, etc.