Guilin, formerly romanized as Kweilin, is a prefecture-level city in the northeast of China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. It is situated on the west bank of the Li River and borders Hunan to the north. Its name means "Forest of Sweet Osmanthus", owing to the large number of fragrant sweet osmanthus trees located in the region. The city has long been renowned for its scenery of karst topography and is one of China's most popular tourist destinations.
- Guilin Medical University (GLMU),Located in the historical and tourist city of Guilin which is world well-known for its unique beauty of hills and rivers.
- GLMU is an undergraduate university directly under the administration of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
- It is made up of 3 campuses-----Le Qun, Dong Cheng and Lingui campus.
- The university has a sound-diversified and highly-qualified team of teachers.
- This university has 12 dependent colleges (faculties)
- GLMU takes an active part in the international exchanges and cooperations.