Nanning is the capital and largest city by population of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southern China. It is known as the "Green City" because of its abundance of lush subtropical foliage. As of 2014 it had a population of 6,913,800 with 4,037,000 in its urban area.
Nanning, an ancient city with a long history and rich culture, was part of Baiyue ethnic groups in the ancient time. In the first year of Daxing period of Eastern Jin Dynasty (AD 318), Jinxing County, established here as one of the county towns, ushered a history of 1700 years of Nanning organizational system. During the Zhenguan period of Tang dynasty (AD 632), it was renamed Yong prefecture (Yongzhou) and established Yongzhou government seat, which is why it has been called Yong for short. In the first year of Taiding period of Yuan dynasty (AD1318), Yongzhou was renamed Nanning, meaning the Pacified South.
- The best medical university in Guangxi province.
- One of the 22 oldest medical institutes in China.
- One of the 8 medical institutes that first to enroll international students.
- One of the 30 universities that is qualified to launch MBBS courses in English medium.
- Very close to the countries in Southeast Asia and South Asia, such as India, Pakistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, etc.
- The Nanning city, capital of Guangxi Province, has one of the mildest climates in China, warm in four seasons.
- Low Tuition fee. The living expense of Nanning is very low.
- The hostel is separate from boys and girls. Very safe for girls.