Ganzhou, formerly romanized as Kanchow, is a prefecture-level city in southern Jiangxi, China, bordering Fujian to the east, Guangdong to the south, and Hunan to the west. Its administrative seat is at Zhanggong District. Its population was 8,361,447 at the 2010 census whom 1,977,253 in the built-up (or "metro") area made of Zhanggong and Nankang, and Ganxian largely being urbanized.
- GMU is the only medical university of Bachelor Degree in Jiangxi province.
- GMU is oriented to major in medicine and coordinate development of multi-discipline, multi-level and multi-type.
- GMU boasts 19 bachelor degree majors and 16 college majors, covering Medicine, Science, Engineering, Literature, Law, Management and Education.
- GMU boasts Zhanggong Campus and Huangjin Campus covering more than 1,200 mu and 300,000 m2 of gross floor area.
- GMU cultivated more than 30,000 advanced professionals over the past 70 years.
- GMU adheres to the aim of serving the regional economic development based on scientific research.