Dalian is a major city and seaport in the south of Liaoning Province, China. It is the southernmost city of the Liaodong Peninsula. Dalian is the province's second largest city and has sub-provincial administrative status.The Shandong Peninsula lies southwest across the Bohai Strait and Korea lies across the Yellow Sea to the east.
Today a financial, shipping and logistics centre for Northeast Asia, Dalian has a significant history of being used by foreign powers for its ports. Dalian was previously known as both "Dalniy" and "Dairen". However, the city was better known as "Port Arthur" and "Ryojun" from the original Port Arthur, now the city's Lüshunkou district.
In 2016, Dalian ranks 48th in the Global Financial Centres Index, the other Chinese cities on the list being Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing and Qingdao. In 2012, Dalian ranked 82nd in the Global City Competitiveness Index. In 2006, Dalian was named China's most livable city by China Daily.
- The University is located in the coastal city-Dalian, which was firstly listed as the "Best Tourist Cities" of China.
- Size: The university is the largest medical university in China which enrolls the largest number of international students for MBBS program.
- MBBS Program: The MBBS program is popular for its solid foundation and strong academic strength. Besides, it opens in each spring and autumn.
- BDS Program: The English taught Dentist program is available.
- Reorganization: The degree is recognized in 31 countries. The university has signed agreements with medical associations in Thailand, Ghana, Sri Lanka.
- Internship: To do internship in China, two direct affiliated hospitals have been authorized to be the first-rank hospital.
- Multicultural: The campus is multicultural; the students come from 82 countries.