Hefei is the capital and largest city of Anhui Province, People's Republic of China. A prefecture-level city, it is the political, economic, and cultural center of Anhui. Located in the central portion of the province, it borders Huainan to the north, Chuzhou to the northeast, Wuhu to the southeast, Tongling to the south, Anqing to the southwest and Lu'an to the west.
- It was founded in 1926, more than 80 years history.
- The university is the national base for the study of clinical medicines and chemical reagents. Two courses offered by the university have been ranked among the National Elite Courses.
- The university typically has won a national second prize for teaching.
- In 2005 and 2006, the university won the first prizes of Chinese Medical Science and Technology. In 2007, the university won each one of the second prizes of National Science Progress and the first prizes of College-level Science and Technology of the Ministry of Education.
- The university has the longest history and is also the first authorized university to admit Ph.D. and post-doctorial students in Anhui Province.
- The campus proper is seated on South No.1 Ring-Road of Hefei, with good environment and easy access.
- The University is situated in Hefei,a city known as "a modern garden city" and "the most suitable city for people to live in". It is the among the first three cities winning the honorable title of "city of gardens and parks".